Arguments for a HIRO inclined wheelchair lift
For many people, stairs have become an insurmountable obstacle due to illness or an accident. Anyone reliant on a wheelchair for moving about will be acquainted with these difficulties. Single steps can be negotiated, perhaps, with the help of another person, but this would not be advisable for a whole flight of stairs - the risk of a fall would be too great.
A simple solution without extensive investment is the installation of an inclined wheelchair lift.
We offer you individually designed platform lifts for almost every type of dwelling and staircase. Our experienced engineers can find quick and inexpensive solutions even for relatively narrow and winding staircases. The installation of an inclined wheelchair lift will help you to keep accessing all the storeys in your house and thus to maintain part of your usual quality of life. Consequently, you will remain active and independent in the manner to which you are accustomed, and can manage the stairs without help from anyone else. If you live in rented accommodation and need a lift to access your apartment, this does not usually present a problem either.
There are good reasons for installing a HIRO inclined wheelchair lift!
We have listed a few more below:
- HIRO LIFT is a renowned manufacturer of wheelchair lifts
- The brand
- User-friendly and easy to operate
- Comfortable ride due to patented traction drive
- Large storage space for replacement parts
- Over 110 years’ experience in lift construction
- One-stop-shop - development, manufacturing, customer service
- State-of-the-art, precision manufacturing
- The quality of German workmanship
- Independent certification
- References & satisfied customers
HIRO LIFT started specialising in inclined wheelchair lifts around 30 years ago. At that time, as we started to develop and manufacture these lifts, there was no market for such devices in Germany. The long-established HIRO LIFT company is a pioneer in this field and was instrumental in developing this market.
User-friendly and easy to operate:
Our inclined wheelchair lifts are very easy to operate. The following examples should give you with a first impression:
- The control elements are detachable, secured via a spiral cable, and can thus be used flexibly. Their design ensures that they can also be easily operated by people who have difficulty coordinating their hands/arms precisely.
- Our lifts do not have a multitude of confusing buttons; they only have the commands UP, DOWN and STOP. All control elements are large enough to be easily recognised and simply operated, even by people with poor eyesight or with coordination difficulties.
- Practical: the guide rails made of stainless steel can also be used as a handrail.
- The important functions of the lift are described clearly and straightforwardly so that a layperson can also understand them without difficulty.
Comfortable ride due to patented traction drive:
The patented traction drive ensures that all our inclined lifts run extremely smoothly. A load-independent processor control system ensures a gentle start and gentle braking as well as continuously variable acceleration/braking out of curves and when starting from landings. The smooth ride is particularly advantageous for people with spinal injuries or similar health problems. Furthermore, our lifts are practically vibration-free. This reduces undesirable noise for the user and his surroundings. Make an appointment for a test drive and try it yourself.
A further advantage: the drive is virtually maintenance-free. The automatically self-adjusting zero-play mechanical connection between the rollers and the rails (guide and bearing rails) is formed with two smooth, clean stainless steel tubes that are not slotted, toothed or perforated. All the rollers are coated in hardened plastic and are therefore extremely wear resistant.
For this reason, no part of the rail system requires oiling, greasing or the use of lubricants that could come into contact with the user. No loud or oily chains/racks are used, so you will not find any wear-related metal filings littering the stairs. Staircases and clothing stay clean at all times.
As a consequence of 110 years of involvement in lift manufacturing, we have an awareness and a way of thinking about safety that corresponds to the very highest criteria by today’s standards. Thousands of test runs with maximum and long-term loading have been successfully carried out before a lift is ready for production. The result is a robust product that has been perfected in every way where safety is concerned.
Large storage space for replacement parts:
Since HIRO LIFT manufactures the lifts itself, all replacement parts are available for your wheelchair lift. Even lifts that are 20 years old or even older can be repaired at any time. When developing new products, we make a point of ensuring that new components are compatible with older systems.
Over 110 years’ experience in lift construction:
[HIRO LIFT is a German company with a long tradition. We have been active in many branches of the lift manufacturing business for more than 110 years. Satisfied customers, who have absolute confidence in us, can be found all over the world.
More than 30 years ago, we began to specialise in lifts for the elderly and the disabled. It became apparent that our experience in building conventional lifts is of inestimable value.
We transferred our design and manufacturing expertise, as well as our requirements regarding safety, quality and comfort to the production of stair lifts and inclined platform lifts. This know-how provides us with important stimuli to improve and optimise these systems.
All our lift know-how is gathered under one company roof. From design, manufacture and installation through to customer service, with us you receive everything from one source. You will be able to find a competent contact person for everything, at any time.
Customers in other countries are looked after locally by our carefully selected partner companies, as a rule. Their employees are trained by us on a regular basis and can consult our design engineers immediately should any questions arise.
State-of-the-art, precision manufacturing:
Like made-to-measure suits, inclined wheelchair lifts have to be modified to suit the specific staircase situation in your home. We work with the most up-to-date production and assembly technology to be able to afford you this quality. Here are a few examples:
- Everything begins with the precise and error-free survey of your stairs. These measurements are made using a special camera. This method is known as photogrammetry and takes only a little time. All the important data, such as the necessary incline or the required curve radius, is digitally determined and passed on to the design programmes, free of errors and completely independent of your stairs or staircase surroundings.
- A special technique, called CIM (computer integrated manufacturing), ensures that the data is automatically transferred from the measurement stage through to the design and production stages. The most important benefits compared to manual production are a high level of precision, greater speed and the preclusion of errors.
- Precision manufacturing with our own ultra-modern CNC machines provides the exact quality required with the greatest accuracy of fit.
- Since we wish to offer you a solution that is tailored to your particular situation, we do not use any prefabricated curved rail sections. These do not usually allow optimum adjustment to the ideal rail route.
The advantage of our made-to-measure solution becomes apparent later, when the lift is installed: any subsequent bending, grinding or even welding, which could interfere with the smooth operation of the lift and soil the staircase are avoided.
The quality of German workmanship:
We manufacture quality products with tried and tested German quality workmanship and guarantee the highest level of engineering and manufacturing competence. Our lifts have a long service life and ensure continuous operation with few disruptions. A longer service life means for you: less wear, fewer defects, less trouble.
Only products that have demonstrated their ability to perform perfectly in continuous operation are allowed to find their way to our customers.
We expend a great deal of time and effort in searching for improvements to make things easier for the user. We believe that technology serves people best when it is optimised time and time again to suit their needs. This is how, for example, the extremely safe and comfortable tration drive that is used almost exclusively today arose out of dissatisfaction with conventional drives that ran jerkily, left greasy stains and shed metal filings.
Independent certification and mark of conformity:
Unlike many other suppliers, we have our entire inclined lift manufacturing system checked and certified yearly by the German inspection agency “TÜV Rheinland” (working together with GGT, the German Society for Geronto Technology). This involves a critical examination of the entire process, including ordering, storage, and manufacture, right through to the final check.
There are many answers to the question: why have our lifts been in great demand for decades? Satisfied customers and people whom we were able to help and who are happy to recommend us to others always represent the best answer. To list them all would go beyond our scope here. Just a few examples are listed below, therefore:
- Architects and designers have been recommending HIRO LIFT systems for many years, due to their quality characteristics.
- Numerous medical equipment stores exhibit HIRO LIFT systems for demonstration and consultation purposes, because they are confident of their outstanding quality.
- HIRO LIFT has had an excellent reputation amongst wholesalers and clients in the public sector for decades.
- HIRO LIFT has been manufacturing lifts for the public sector for decades. Flawless operational capability and durability for ten or more years are obligatory in this sector, since depreciation and amortisation usually have to be calculated on a long-term basis. We are able to meet these demands on quality.